Sermon November 3, 2013
Jesus looked up at his disciples and said:
- “Blessed are you who are poor,
- for yours is the kingdom of God.
- “Blessed are you who are hungry now,
- for you will be filled.
- “Blessed are you who weep now,
- for you will laugh.
- “Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you, revile you, and defame you on account of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, for surely your reward is great in heaven; for that is what their ancestors did to the prophets.
- “But woe to you who are rich,
- for you have received your consolation.
- “Woe to you who are full now,
- for you will be hungry.
- “Woe to you who are laughing now,
- for you will mourn and weep.
- “Woe to you when all speak well of you, for that is what their ancestors did to the false prophets
“But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. Do to others as you would have them do to you.”[thaudio href=’http://www.saintannesls.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/November-3rd-2013.mp3′][/thaudio]